Introducing the Metrics Education Series
It’s back to school time and as lovers of education, we are eager to announce our new Metrics Education Series! Every Wednesday for the next four weeks, we will be hosting an online, real-time education session with one of our professionals. Through this series, we aim to provide value-added education services exclusively for our clients and free of charge.
Our aim is to provide our clients with education, insights and knowledge in the realms of tax planning and business intelligence, enabling them to make higher quality decisions that shape the future of their business.
Series 1: Finance for CEO’s
Hosted by Regan McGrath CPA, CA
Regan McGrath is the founding partner and CEO of Metrics Chartered Professional Accounting where she has grown the firm into a national leader in the cryptocurrency space and leads the CFO services business.
In this two part series, Regan McGrath CPA will teach an introduction to finance for CEO’s covering the following topics:
- Financial Literacy: How to read financial statements.
- Financial Ratios and Key Metrics: What they are, and what they mean.
- Becoming a Data-Driven CEO: Using real-time data to become a better CEO.
- Cap Tables: What they mean, and how to read them.
Financial Storytelling: Ensuring your pitch matches your financial model.
- Top 10 CEO Questions: The top 10 questions CEO’s ask their CFO/tax accountant.
This series will be taught over two sessions via Google Meet on Wednesday, September 13 and Wednesday, October 4, from 12:00 – 1:00 p.m. (PST).
Series 2: Tax Planning Opportunities
Hosted by Sulaiman Mirani CPA
Sully is the Senior Tax Manager at Metrics with a wealth of experience in tax planning and financial advisory. He has worked with clients across various industries providing strategic tax solutions to help businesses achieve their present and future goals.
- Sully will teach an introduction to tax planning opportunities aimed at business owners, investors or individuals thinking of incorporating. Topics include:
The use of a corporation.
- Adding a holding company vs having a sister company.
- Family Trusts.
- Purification of a company.
- Taking out funds from your corporation:
- Salary vs Dividends.
- Dividends vs. Pref Gains.
- CDA’s: The Capital Dividend Account.
This series will be taught over two sessions via Google Meet on Wednesday, September 20 and Wednesday, September 27, from 12:00 – 1:00 p.m. (PST).
If you are a Metrics client, you will have received an invitation to join these sessions via email. If you have not received this email, please contact [email protected]
If you are not a Metrics client but would like to discuss tax planning opportunities for your business, you can CLICK HERE to contact us and book an introductory meeting with our team.