Metrics Chartered Professional Accounting is a cloud-based accounting firm based in Victoria BC operating across Canada using an entirely web-based, paperless service. Metrics provides consulting services at the intersection of technology, tax, and accounting, and is designed to help forward-thinking business owners and individuals optimize their business. We focus on blockchain/crypto, cannabis, and real estate industries.
We are looking for a new staff accountant to join our team. Responsibilities include (but not limited to) assisting with business advisory engagements, completing Notice To Reader financial statements, T2 Tax Returns, T4/T5 slips, tax planning and advisory in a paperless digital setting. The position reports directly to the partners of the firm.
All training is done onsite in our Victoria office, but successful team members can plan their schedule to be as flexible as you like- so long as you get your work done. We run the firm like this because we want everyone to enjoy their work and their life, and only want people working when they are most efficient.
- We are hiring primarily based on potential and corporate fit
- You have recently written the CFE exam and passed. You do not need to be a qualified CPA (but newly minted CPA applications welcome)
- You must be eager to learn
- You must be tech savvy, including proficiency in Google Apps, and quick uptake on new technology
- You must have a Get-Things-Done attitude
- You must be awesome (Our team is full of awesome, happy people who really like our jobs. We work to bring professionalism, independence, and positive attitudes to the workplace to keep the good thing we have going. We love technology, and we love the industries we serve. You need to be this kind of person to get hired.)
$50,000- $55,000 per annum base salary plus up to $10,000 in profit sharing incentives, benefits, and the ability to work remotely (including worldwide travel potential and flexible work arrangements to cater to our travellers.)
This job will start January 2019 . Our team is professional, hip, loves blockchain and cannabis- if you identify, we’d love to hear from you. Please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Make sure you include why you’d be a good fit for our team. Deadline for submissions is December 14 , 2018.