Metrics Chartered Professional Accounting is a digital accounting firm operating across Canada using an entirely web-based, paperless service. Metrics provides consulting services at the intersection of technology, tax, and accounting, and is designed to help forward-thinking business owners and individuals optimize their business.
We are looking for an administrative assistant to join our firm. Responsibilities include answering phones, general office management, participation in the client experience from beginning to end. Your general role will be supporting the team of CPA’s in an administrative manner – Directing communications from clients to the appropriate party, filing tax filings as prepared by CPAs, sending documents for signature, gathering and organizing client information, office management, mailing documents as required, and making sure the office is a great place to be! You will be learning and executing all work in a paperless digital setting. The position reports to our head of operations.
This will be a full time position starting June 2021.
- We are hiring primarily based on potential and corporate fit
- You must be eager to learn
- You must be a team player
- You must have exceptional attention to detail
- You must be tech savvy, including proficiency in Google Apps, and quick uptake on new technology
- You must have a Get-Things-Done attitude
- You must be open to new ideas and change
- You must be awesome. Our team is full of awesome, happy people who really like our jobs. We work to bring professionalism, independence, and positive attitudes to the workplace to keep the good thing that we have going. You need to be this kind of person to get hired.
If you’re the successful candidate you will be required to interact with clients and be the first person our clients talk to when they call or reach out to set up consultations. You must be a happy, outgoing person.
As this role requires you to be in the office most of the time, this is not a remote position and the candidate should live in or around Victoria, BC, or be willing to relocate. You should consider this a primarily in-office position with the ability to work from home on a limited basis. Our office is located a few blocks from the Legislature in Victoria’s downtown area.
$44,000 per annum starting base salary plus other benefits as detailed below (available after three months):
- $2,000/annum health care spending account
- Life insurance
- Participation in annual profit sharing plan
- 24 hour access to our beautiful office that includes a full kitchen and lounge (and a beer fridge!)
- $3,000 vacation allowance – We’ll pay for your yearly vacation
- Ability to participate in annual learning plan – We’ll pay for you to skill up
- Annual employee/compensation review
- Semi-annual fun team events
- A new Macbook Laptop you can take home with you
Our team is professional, happy, and cool – if you identify, we’d love to hear from you. Please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Make sure you include why you’d be a good fit for our team. Deadline for submission is June 15, 2021.