Senior Manager, Compliance & Tax
Metrics is looking for a Senior Manager, with a specialization in Compliance and Tax to join our high-growth company in our Compliance, Tax, and Advisory Division. Working out of our brand new downtown Victoria office, our compliance team specializes in tax, assurance, and accounting.
Joining Metrics as a Senior Manager means you will join Metrics at the highest seniority level with a possibility for partner track within two years for the right fit. Reporting to partners, this individual manages compliance engagements, including Notice to Readers compilation engagements, Review engagements, T1 & T2 tax returns, as well as complicated tax planning matters including but not limited to corporate rollovers, butterfly transactions, and TOSI issues. We have clients in a wide variety of industries from cannabis to real estate development, technology, and internet businesses.
- Reviewing files prepared by associates
- Preparing corporate, trust, and personal tax returns
- Connecting with clients to ensure their business is understood, and plan for effective tax management strategies
- Preparing guidance and judgment for other team members on complicated tax issues
- General management of deadlines and day-to-day planning of workflow for the junior staff
- Assisting partners with tax matters as required
- Providing improvements to efficiencies in the firm
- Managing a team of 4-6 CPA students in the pre-approved program, including managing PERT reporting, guidance and training to ensure their success in the CPA program
The Right Candidate Will Have The Following Skills:
- CPA or CPA, CA designation;
- 4+ years in a manager role in a public accounting firm;
- 2+ years in a tax manager role;
- Has either completed In Depth Tax or has significant applied tax experience with complicated tax transactions
- Superior verbal and written communication skills with a proven ability to clearly explain complex tax and business issues to clients;
- Must be a leader – The person in this role must be able to make decisions they stand behind and help lead and incentivize the company;
- Strong technical skills and research abilities. Experience dealing with significant tax issues is a definite asset;
- Must be comfortable guiding clients in their business advisory;
- Dedication and commitment to professional and client service excellence;
- Dedicated to the team – We all rely on each other.
Metrics is a progressive company entering its 6th year in business that doesn’t believe in doing things the old fashioned way. We operate entirely in the cloud, and many client interactions are done digitally. We leverage technology and data to provide comprehensive business intelligence to our clients. Our Compliance, Tax, and Advisory team works with our Consulting & Data Team to ensure that clients are getting the most out of their numbers. Metrics was the first pre-approved program CPA training office in Western Canada and boasts excellent CPA students in our Compilation, Tax, Advisory pathway.
We’re just as progressive with our HR policies, including a commitment to compensation packages in the top 10 percent of BC CPA firms; flexible work arrangements (work from home or abroad when you need to); a $3000 vacation benefit that reimburses you for your vacations taken by your or your family, paid time off (unlimited, but minimum 3 weeks required and we have paid part-time sabbaticals on a rolling 5 year schedule for CPA associates), new computer equipment, and a beautiful new office. We all work hard to support each other – our work culture is not one of “butts-in-seats” but of “get it done”, and we expect everyone to work as a team
Compensation in the range of $85,000-$110,000 plus variable compensation of $10,000- $20,000 depending on experience and fit.
If you think Metrics is the place for you, we’d love to hear from you. Please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
This posting will remain open until the right candidate is found.
Photo by Julius Jansson on Unsplash