Metrics Chartered Accounting is a cloud-based accounting firm operating across Canada using an entirely web-based, paperless service. Metrics provides consulting services at the intersection of technology, tax, and accounting, and is designed to help forward-thinking business owners and individuals optimize their business.
We are looking for a CPA Professional to join our team on as a contractor in our Accountant department. Responsibilities include reviewing Notice to Reader Financial Statements, Corporate Tax Returns (for all accounts) and Personal Returns. Everyone on our team contributes to our recommendations for software and improved client efficiencies, so you’ll be relied on for your opinion there, too.
This is a flexible and remote position that involves training on paperless practices and current software. The contract is for a guaranteed 7 hours per week with option to take more hours. Busy season (Feb-Mar) potential is up to 20 hours per week. In-person attendance at the training session (7 hours in week 1) is required. Training is given in our boardroom in Victoria, BC.
● CPA Designation in good-standing;
● File review experience in a public practice firm;
● Tech-savvy (nerds encouraged);
● Ability to embrace change;
● Ability to be awesome (Our team is full of awesome, happy people who really like our jobs. We work to bring professionalism, independence, and positive attitudes to the workplace to keep the good thing we have going. You need to be this kind of person to get the contract)
We are offering $50-$60 per hour depending on experience with a performance-based bonus opportunity.
If you are interested in making some cash from home while flexing your awesome CPA skills, we’d love to hear from you. Please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please make sure you include why you want to work with us.