About The Firm
Metrics Chartered Professional Accounting is a digital accounting firm operating across Canada using entirely web-based, paperless service.
Metrics also provides consulting services at the intersection of technology, tax, and accounting, and is designed to help forward-thinking business owners and individuals optimize their business.
We are looking for two students seeking their CPA designation to join our firm. You will be executing all work in a paperless digital setting. The responsibilities include bookkeeping and assisting CPAs, CPA students, and other duties appropriate for a beginner staff member.
Everyone on our team contributes to our recommendations for software and improved client efficiencies, so you’ll be relied on for your opinion there, too.
This will be two full-time positions starting November 1, 2021.
UVic students seeking the CPA designation after graduation are also encouraged to apply. Historically, all students hired for this role have been offered CPA articling positions at our firm.
Submission Deadline: October 8, 2021
Start Date: November 1, 2021
We are hiring primarily based on potential and corporate fit
• You must be pursuing your accounting designation (ready to join CPAWSB in
• You must be a team player
• You must have exceptional attention to detail
• You must be tech-savvy, including proficiency in Google Apps, and quick uptake on new technology
• You must have the ability to embrace change
• You must be awesome. Our team is full of awesome, happy people who really like our jobs. We work to bring professionalism, independence, and positive attitudes to the workplace to keep the good thing that we have going. You need to be this kind of person to get hired.
Pay commensurate with experience and competitive within the industry.
Benefits as detailed below (available after three months):
• $2,000/annum health care spending account
• Life insurance
• Participation in an annual profit-sharing plan
• 24 hour access to our beautiful office that includes a full kitchen and lounge (and a beer fridge!)
• $3,000 vacation allowance – We will pay for your yearly vacation!
• Ability to participate in annual learning plan – We’ll pay for you to skill up
• Semi-annual team events
• A Macbook Laptop you can take home with you
How to Apply
Our team is professional, happy, and cool – if you identify, we’d love to hear from you.
Please send your resume and cover letter via the form, and make sure you include why you’d be a good fit for our team.