About The Firm
Metrics Chartered Professional Accounting is a digital accounting firm operating across Canada using an entirely web-based, paperless service. Metrics provides consulting services at the intersection of technology, tax, and accounting, and is designed to help forward-thinking business owners and individuals optimize their business.
We are looking for an administrative assistant to join our firm. You will participate in the client experience from beginning to end. Your general role will be supporting the team of CPA’s in an administrative manner – Directing communications from clients to the appropriate party, filing tax filings as prepared by CPAs, sending documents for signature, gathering and organizing client information, onboarding of new clients, and making sure the digital office is a great place to be! You will be learning and executing all work in a paperless digital setting. The position reports to our head of operations.
This will be a “full time” position starting October 2021. However, to acknowledge the future of work, this position will be a “4 day work week” position with a base expectation of 32 hours per week for the same salary that we would normally pay for a 40 hour work week. To fill this role, we’re looking for someone who can jive with the team and maintain efficiency. This position can be in person in our downtown Victoria BC office, or remote.
Submission Deadline: October 22, 2021
Start Date: As soon as possible
If you’re the successful candidate you will be required to interact with clients and their confidential data. You must be a happy, outgoing person.
- Seeking those who love to manage data and lists and get joy from checking things off the list.
- We are hiring primarily based on potential and corporate fit
- You must be eager to learn
- You must be a team player
- You must have exceptional attention to detail
- You must be tech savvy, including proficiency in Google Apps, and quick uptake on new technology – We use all internet based applications in our day-to-day.
- You must have a Get-Things-Done attitude
- You must be open to new ideas and change
- You must be awesome. Our team is full of awesome, happy people who really like our jobs. We work to bring professionalism, independence, and positive attitudes to the workplace to keep the good thing that we have going. You need to be this kind of person to get hired.
$44,000 per annum starting base salary plus other benefits as detailed below (available after three months):
- $2,000/annum health care spending account
- Critical illness , disability and life insurance coverage
- $3,000 vacation allowance – We will pay for your yearly vacation!
- 4 day work week
- Remote/ work from anywhere
- Participation in annual profit sharing plan
- 24 hour access to our beautiful office that includes a full kitchen and lounge (and a beer fridge!)
- Ability to participate in annual learning plan – We’ll pay for you to skill up
- Semi-annual team fun events paid for by the firm
- A new Macbook Laptop you can take home with you
- Annual compensation review
How to Apply
Our team is professional, happy, and cool – if you identify, we’d love to hear from you.
Please send your resume and cover letter via the form, and make sure you include why you’d be a good fit for our team. Deadline for submission is October 22, 2021.