We work closely with public and private cannabis industry manufacturers, wholesalers, and retailers. Over the past few years, we have developed trust with many brands across Canada. Our experience has led us to be on centre stage panels at LIFT and educating CPAs of Canada on understanding financial statements of publicly traded companies and the current and future trends of the industry.
Here’s a peek at what our team has been up to this past year in the Cannabis industry:
- Consultant for an $84M market cap cannabis retailer listed on the TSX. We worked with their team to produce their sales forecasting models for an aggressive go to market plan;
- Interim CFO for a $70M market cap cannabis retailer. We worked with their team to create a robust financial model for cannabis retail, created forecasts and budgets, created pro-forma financials in anticipation of going public, created KPIs for the company, while assisting with general financial management of the company;
- Consultant for cannabis licensure application. We have worked with 7 companies assisting them with required projections and compliance with applications;
- Advisor for the world’s top cannabis chef. We work with him on go to market strategy, negotiations and business modeling;
- Tax advisory work for high-risk cannabis companies with poor records;
- CRA representation and Notices of Objection;
- Closing three major asset sales;
- Tax planning for exits on three small companies who sold to public companies;
- Consulting with two companies on pre-raise IPO strategies (and closing those deals as we speak);
- Working with the BC cannabis co-op to help lobby government for more canopy space for micro-growing licenses, among other projects.